How to Maximize your digital interactions that result in personal connections
‘Developing a steady stream of leads’ - that’s what successful real estate agents want most.
Sure there’ll be variables within there such as buyer leads, seller leads, desirable transaction values and so on. But it all boils down to closing more deals.
And every good seller knows that in order to close enough deals and reach your commission target, you’ve got to convert enough leads.
If you’re reading this, then you’ve probably got solid a solid grasp as to what your closing rates are and how many leads you need to achieve your goals. You're a high performer.
I’ve put together a list of 10 effective ways for you to get more leads from your website right now. Put them into action and let me know what worked best for you.If you don’t have a real estate website yet - don’t worry. Read on and learn; some of these tips can be used on social media, in person and then you can always get a website created.
Personal referrals are golden, but the web is taking over real estate, and it’s time to be proactive and change with it. These tips will show you just how a real estate website can power your lead generation machine.
So let’s get to the fun stuff...
1. Be informative and have fun by posting helpful articles either through your blog or your facebook page. There’s so much that you can write about; from DIY to gardening, community news and local events and everything else related to homes.
2. Get links from your favorite vendors and have them link to you on a resources page. This helps with SEO. Partner with your neighborhood associations and get linked from their websites too.
3. Leverage the power of Social Media, particularly Facebook: Make sure you link to your website to FB and vice versa...you should use Facebook to promote your website. Facebook also has a highly targeted advertising system that you can use to attract buyers or sellers.
4. Give First: Start by providing value and then you can get leads back in return. You can create a helpful guide for potential customers such as “How to negotiate the best deal when purchasing your home even in a sellers market”. You receive their contact info in return.
5. Cross promotions with Local Businesses: Chat with some other local businesses that you know and pool together for a contest. Host it on your site or mention it in your blog posts to get people to sign up. Then have the other businesses mention it too.
6. Be personal: Use your website to engage people, connect with them and get your brand across. Have fun and develop some KLT (Know, Like, Trust)!.
7. Add Video: Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a Hollywood actor. Just embed a Youtube video on each page and let your video do some educating or pre-selling for you. Seriously, if I can do it...you’ve got no problems. Click here to see a video I shot and posted to YouTube in 5 minutes.
8. Compare and Contrast: I know when we bought our home a couple years back, we (ok, mainly my wife) did a lot of comparisons in the area. Everything from schools to security, restaurants to running paths. Demonstrate your knowledge and compare and contrast the different living options in your neighborhoods.
9. Interview people: As part of your blogging / social media calendar, why not interview community figureheads. School teachers, sports coaches or restaurant owners. This will help generate great content for your website and form great connections for your real estate business.
10. Host Events: An article on real estate marketing wouldn’t be complete without talking about networking. The key here is to make it fun...and not a chore. What kind of events can you either attend or host? I work with a realtor who is passionate about soccer - he hosts socials when there’s a big soccer match on TV. He also sells homes to the soccer fans who come watch these games. Smart.
If you want to separate yourself from the pack of agents that don’t know how to consistently build a strong brand, generate good leads, and refine their closing rate - get in touch with me for a free strategy session. Even if you don’t have a website, we can give you the blueprints to set one up in just a few days.